AHA Health Care System Transformation Fellowship
Hospitals and health care systems face increased pressure to demonstrate the ability to improve clinical and financial performance.To shift from a fee-for-service to a value-based system, organizations need to effectively manage risk, coordinate care across the continuum and maintain collaborative relationships with patients, physicians and payers. The transformation of the health care delivery system continues to progress through government-funded and commercial payer sponsored pilots—medical homes, bundled payments and clinical integration programs.
AHA’s 6-month, interactive Health Care System Transformation Fellowship program provides participants with a road map of how to design and plan for these new care delivery and payment models. Through a combination of in-person learning retreats and web seminars, participants will hear from organizations that have developed and executed these models, including representatives from the 2011 fellowship class.
Additionally, fellows will complete a defined project, with the goal of advancing their organizations’ efforts towards implementation of care delivery and payment transformation.
Independent consulting firm, Kaufman, Hall and Associates, Inc., will be actively participating in Learning Retreat #2, which will focus on how organizations can begin the shift to risk-bearing relationships while maintaining the efficiency of operations and cost structure required for continued competitive financial performance. Jason Sussman, Managing Director and leader of the Financial and Capital Planning and Capital Allocation practices will serve as Leadership Chair for the April event. AHA is very excited to have Kaufman Hall's expertise in providing strategic, capital and financial advisory services as part of the program.
President & Chief Executive Officer
Saint Francis Hospital & Medical Center
Click here to view the video.
|Bill Kose, MD
Senior Vice President
Click here to view the video.
To educate leaders about key issues in the implementation of health system reform to achieve higher quality and efficiency.
To develop leadership skills in designing, implementing and evaluating new care and payment delivery models.
To develop relationships between peers, and organizations involved in health system transformation.
The Health Care System Transformation Fellowship is specifically designed to give participants actionable items to help their organizations effectively execute and implement these care delivery models:
- Action Plans: A synthesis of the main take-aways, key questions to address with their senior leadership team, common challenges and helpful hints for success at the end of each learning retreat.
- Peer Group Networking: The chance to network with past and current Fellows, and with faculty from organizations that have implemented innovative care delivery models.
- Pay-it-Forward: The opportunity to continue to build the AHA Health Transformation Fellows alumni network and to participate as faculty in future classes, to showcase your organization’s success.
- C-level suite executives (CEOs, COOs, CMOs etc.)
- Senior vice presidents and vice presidents from any of the following disciplines:
- Physician Relations/Medical Leadership