HPOE Live Webinars
Focusing on strategies to improve quality, address disparities and achieve equity will be essential in a time of rapid health care system change. This webinar, in collaboration with the Disparities Solutions Center at Massachusetts General Hospital, discussed how measuring patient-reported outcomes is an essential component of quality assessment, yet patient experience surveys often under-represent racial, ethnic and linguistic minorities. This webinar highlighted:
- What we know about the patient experience and how it leaves voices out.
- Strategies that organizations can take to get at the patient experience (HCAPHS).
- Shortcomings of the current tools.
- Lessons learned and results from the MGH survey.
- Key take-home points and perspectives on where this field is going.
- Moderator: Joseph R. Betancourt, MD, MPH, Director, The Disparities Solutions Center; Senior Scientist, Mongan Institute for Health Policy; Associate Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School; Director of Multicultural Education, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Karen Donelan, ScD, EdM, Senior Scientist at the Mongan Institute for Health Policy and Associate of the Disparities Solutions Center at Massachusetts General Hospital
To view just the presentation slides, click here.
To listen to the webinar with the presentation slides, please click on "view item" below.
Pinnacle Health System Harrisburg, PA599 Beds The Problem Health systems are no longer simply as......VIEW THIS RESOURCE
Preventing hospital-acquired infections, reducing surgical complications and reducing readmission......VIEW THIS RESOURCE