This resource gives hospital and health system leaders concrete, practical steps grounded on evidence-based research to improve patient and family engagement in their organizations by:
- assessing how well the organization is doing;
- identifying processes and systems to support patient engagement;
- ensuring staff obtain training for effectively using these systems and processes;
- intervening to overcome specific obstacles that may emerge; and
- monitoring progress toward achieving patient and family engagement goals.
Engaging patients and families is a critical strategy to improving care. The AHA report "Engaging Health Care Users: A Framework for Healthy Individuals and Communities" includes an excellent summary of the research supporting patient engagement and a description of proven methods and tools for successfully engaging patients and families.
For a power point presentation of this guide, click here.
Achieving Health Equity—A Discussion with the 2016 Equity of Care Award Winner October 12, 2016 4......VIEW THIS RESOURCE
Since 2012, the Aiming for Zero program at Northwell Hospital is continuously working to reduce C......VIEW THIS RESOURCE