This resource gives hospital and health system leaders concrete, practical steps grounded on evidence-based research to improve patient and family engagement in their organizations by:
- assessing how well the organization is doing;
- identifying processes and systems to support patient engagement;
- ensuring staff obtain training for effectively using these systems and processes;
- intervening to overcome specific obstacles that may emerge; and
- monitoring progress toward achieving patient and family engagement goals.
Engaging patients and families is a critical strategy to improving care. The AHA report "Engaging Health Care Users: A Framework for Healthy Individuals and Communities" includes an excellent summary of the research supporting patient engagement and a description of proven methods and tools for successfully engaging patients and families.
For a power point presentation of this guide, click here.
This toolkit is a user-friendly “how-to” guide to help accelerate the elimination of health care ......VIEW THIS RESOURCE
A new report from the AHA’s Committee on Research and Committee on Performance Improvement examin......VIEW THIS RESOURCE