This resource gives hospital and health system leaders concrete, practical steps grounded on evidence-based research to improve patient and family engagement in their organizations by:
- assessing how well the organization is doing;
- identifying processes and systems to support patient engagement;
- ensuring staff obtain training for effectively using these systems and processes;
- intervening to overcome specific obstacles that may emerge; and
- monitoring progress toward achieving patient and family engagement goals.
Engaging patients and families is a critical strategy to improving care. The AHA report "Engaging Health Care Users: A Framework for Healthy Individuals and Communities" includes an excellent summary of the research supporting patient engagement and a description of proven methods and tools for successfully engaging patients and families.
For a power point presentation of this guide, click here.
Combating the Opioid Crisis: Massachusetts' Path to Action March 8, 2016 Noon-1:00 p.m. CT | 1:00......VIEW THIS RESOURCE
Going Beyond REaL Data Collection: Collecting Social Determinants of Health February 23, 201612:......VIEW THIS RESOURCE