This resource gives hospital and health system leaders concrete, practical steps grounded on evidence-based research to improve patient and family engagement in their organizations by:
- assessing how well the organization is doing;
- identifying processes and systems to support patient engagement;
- ensuring staff obtain training for effectively using these systems and processes;
- intervening to overcome specific obstacles that may emerge; and
- monitoring progress toward achieving patient and family engagement goals.
Engaging patients and families is a critical strategy to improving care. The AHA report "Engaging Health Care Users: A Framework for Healthy Individuals and Communities" includes an excellent summary of the research supporting patient engagement and a description of proven methods and tools for successfully engaging patients and families.
For a power point presentation of this guide, click here.
The AONE Care Innovation and Transformation Program: Improved Outcomes and Value-Based CareMay 9,......VIEW THIS RESOURCE
Partnership to Improve Health for Children Zero to Three April 27, 2017 12:30-1:30 p.m. ET / 11:3......VIEW THIS RESOURCE