This resource gives hospital and health system leaders concrete, practical steps grounded on evidence-based research to improve patient and family engagement in their organizations by:
- assessing how well the organization is doing;
- identifying processes and systems to support patient engagement;
- ensuring staff obtain training for effectively using these systems and processes;
- intervening to overcome specific obstacles that may emerge; and
- monitoring progress toward achieving patient and family engagement goals.
Engaging patients and families is a critical strategy to improving care. The AHA report "Engaging Health Care Users: A Framework for Healthy Individuals and Communities" includes an excellent summary of the research supporting patient engagement and a description of proven methods and tools for successfully engaging patients and families.
For a power point presentation of this guide, click here.
What does it take to be a winner? Children's Hospital Colorado received the 2015 AHA-McKesson Que......VIEW THIS RESOURCE
To support hospitals embarking on their population health journey, the Health Research & Educatio......VIEW THIS RESOURCE