In response to a rapidly transforming health care environment, hospitals and health systems across the United States are exploring retail-oriented, consumer-focused care strategies. This issue brief provides case studies from five hospitals and health systems that have entered the retail health care field.
- Henry Ford Health System promotes “radically convenient” access to primary care services in a range of virtual and in-person environments.
- Illinois Valley Community Hospital established a retail clinic in a Walmart supermarket to improve health care access in its rural community.
- MedStar Health has partnered with CVS to provide services like chronic condition management, medication compliance monitoring and health and wellness education in retail locations.
- MultiCare Health System set a goal of serving 1.3 million patients by 2020 through a distributed network of urgent care centers, retail clinics, free-standing emergency departments, ambulatory destination centers and a regional virtual care platform.
- Ochsner Health System developed the O Bar, a retail environment staffed by technology specialists, to help patients make the most of health and wellness apps and devices.
Progress at the Intersection of Patient Safety and Medical LiabilityMarch 2, 2017 Noon - 1 p.m. E......VIEW THIS RESOURCE
There is a critical need to elevate the discussion around workforce planning and development to e......VIEW THIS RESOURCE