In response to a rapidly transforming health care environment, hospitals and health systems across the United States are exploring retail-oriented, consumer-focused care strategies. This issue brief provides case studies from five hospitals and health systems that have entered the retail health care field.
- Henry Ford Health System promotes “radically convenient” access to primary care services in a range of virtual and in-person environments.
- Illinois Valley Community Hospital established a retail clinic in a Walmart supermarket to improve health care access in its rural community.
- MedStar Health has partnered with CVS to provide services like chronic condition management, medication compliance monitoring and health and wellness education in retail locations.
- MultiCare Health System set a goal of serving 1.3 million patients by 2020 through a distributed network of urgent care centers, retail clinics, free-standing emergency departments, ambulatory destination centers and a regional virtual care platform.
- Ochsner Health System developed the O Bar, a retail environment staffed by technology specialists, to help patients make the most of health and wellness apps and devices.
The AONE Care Innovation and Transformation Program: Improved Outcomes and Value-Based CareMay 9,......VIEW THIS RESOURCE
Partnership to Improve Health for Children Zero to Three April 27, 2017 12:30-1:30 p.m. ET / 11:3......VIEW THIS RESOURCE